[sword-devel] Autonormalize and av11n

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:01:51 MST 2009

This is brought to mind by the recent discussions of how many verses in
certain chapters. If there is not mapping, it is important that you can feed
similar verse references in and get something out of it. It may not be
right, but it should be close.

If a user types in 3 John 15, if the versification doesn't have this verse,
it makes most sense to send them to 3 John 14 (rather than to Jude 1). This
can be accomplished by setting autonormalize off and clipping to bounds.

If a user, however, types Malachi 4 into a leningrad locale, they will end
up in 1 Chronicles 1. However, turning Autonormalize off doesn't help (much)
here; we get the curious range returned: Malachi 4:1-I Chronicles 1:54
Optimally, it would bind this to somewhere in Malachi 3 (perhaps the last
verse?)

I can see no easy way forward here, due to the way things work. The
UpperBound of a range will/has to be autonormalized so that it can find the
maximum verse - so unless versekeys are changed to store a chapter (or book)
as a whole rather than binding the values immediately, this can't really
work...

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,