[sword-devel] Nearness to release

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:18:32 MST 2009

> Data changes (as in .conf files and so forth), sure (it would be nice if
> there was a .conf file validator though).  Touch a .h or .cpp file and
> you're probably looking at another RC, to be safe :)

I'm not sure I understand the locales .conf files at this point well
enough to help out with validation. However, it would be very nice to
have. We had a problem in Xiphos with one language that we hunted and
and hunted for. We didn't suspect the locale because ./parsekey (I
think) did the right thing. In the end, it was the locale that was
causing the problem. The locales can make frontends navigation
unusable or worse, so they are very important.

Now that I'm writing this, I believe locale validation was added to
parsekey. Perhaps someone can remind me. If so, perhaps it should be
used to validate all the locales during the test run?

Matthew