[sword-devel] locales - new strings for translation

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Apr 26 19:08:14 MST 2009

Dear Zdenko,

Yes, locales can now begin to include translations and abbreviation for
these additional books.  I have done 2 things to ease this process:

1) we now automatically add all builtin abbreviations to each locale.
There used to be a requirement that these all had to be present in each
locale so English abbrevs would continue to coexist with localized
abbrevs.  Now the English abbrevs are automatically added.

2) removed all the english abbrevs for all locales.  This was a silly
requirement that each locale duplicate all the english abbreviations.
We've talked for a long time about removing them, and now that they are
automatically added via the #1 above, they will all be consistent, and
will be updated when we add new books, and they are no longer required
to be duplicated in each locale.

This will make all locales 'work' programatically with the new books.
But, for the locales to be complete, they need to provide translations
of the new books in their language, or the expense they will incur will
be showing their user English.

Thanks for the important reminder.

	-Troy.