[sword-devel] Alternate Versification

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 25 11:02:56 MST 2009

DM Smith wrote:

> I'd like to make a change to osis2mod to have it report the supported
> alternate versifications that can be used as an argument to -v. Ideally,
> I'd like the flag value and a short description.
>
> How would I go about doing that?

Edit utilities/osis2mod.cpp around line 1200 to add more fprintf
statements to the usage function that list the versifications concerned.
 As I'm sure you already know, these are "KJV" and "Leningrad" :)

But that seems too simple an answer...

Are you looking for a way to ask the SWORD library what versifications
are available, so that the utility does not have to be updated as new
versifications are added to later versions of the library?  I don't see
an obvious way to do that, but it sounds like a useful public method to
me.  Perhaps listRegisteredVersificationSystems() or something like that?