[sword-devel] Notice in licence agreement

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Apr 23 07:36:54 MST 2009

Would it be good idea to put a notice with licence agreement in each
frontend which says that "this software can be obtained with no cost, if
you have paid a large sum you may have been fooled"?

Usually applications have an About dialog. It could be put there. More
importantly, it could be included in Windows installers. That way people
would see right away what's going on. I would place it above the licence
text. Currently About BibleTime dialog has this text:

"BibleTime is released under the GPL licence.You can download and use
(but not distribute) the program for personal, private, public or
commercial purposes without restrictions.You can give away or distribute
the program if you also distribute the corresponding source code.

The complete legally binding license is below."

I would like to add the above mentioned disclaimer between these
passages. Do you have any suggestions for wording? I'm not a native
English speaker so the text may be clumsy...

--Eeli Kaikkonen