[sword-devel] linking / testsuite

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:27:04 MST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Re: updating the test suite: Agreed 100%.  Adding tests for the Book name
> abbreviation stuff would have caught the "Pr" and "Es" etc. change, for
> example.  When I saw the discussion of it, I thought "shouldn't there
> already be a test for that?", but I confess I didn't actually contribute
> one!  Adding something for the "vk1 = vk2 changes more things about vk1 than
> it used to" issue might be harder to write, but would also be good.  But I
> can find neither of these kind of tests in the RC2 tarball, even though
> these issues were discovered in RC1 -- am I missing something?

If you have 66 books of the Bible and many different ways of referencing
them, testing every single way isn't necessarily all that easy. Then
multiply that by every locale that is there. I think the vk1 = vk2 change is
more important to test than the other, really.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!