[sword-devel] x-E-XXX language codes

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Apr 19 01:25:04 MST 2009

BibleTime source code has some language names with x-E-XXX language
codes. This is in comments:

"Chris explained in an eMail how language codes are build:
Preference order for locale codes are:
ISO 639-1
ISO 639-2
Ethnologue (http://www.ethnologue.org/)
We intend to always follow OSIS locale conventions, which state that
Ethnologue codes will be encoded in the format x-E-??? where ???
represents the 3-letter Ethnologue code in capital letters (though
capitalization really doesn't matter here).
Some older modules maintain a former format for Ethnolgoue codes of
xx-???, including the AleWiesler module."

Are these x-E codes really used somewhere? I didn't find any by grepping
the repositories' .conf files. AleWiesler doesn't even exist.

--Eeli Kaikkonen