[sword-devel] BibleTime Windows and Mac packages

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:54:12 MST 2009

Martin,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Martin Zibricky <mzibricky at gmail.com> wrote:
> win32 installer:
> - is it feasible to use language according to system locale?
> - does cpack allow for nsis to choose language for installation?

For the installer - I saw no such options with CPack.  There is a way
to insert custom NSIS commands, so if you know of a method of doing
this with NSIS, then I can probably just toss in the custom command to
enable it.

>  You've used ansi nsis. Is it possible to use unicode nsis with cpack?

I thought that the NSIS I had installed was the Unicode version, but
I'll download the Unicode from their site and install it.  How can I
check to be sure that what I have is Unicode and the installer is
Unicode-aware also?

> - what compression was used for the installer? lzma?

I believe that this is the default when using CPack.  Why do you ask?

> _ supports cpack font installation? In Xiphos we experienced some issues
> when displaying text. It was necessary to include some fonts with
> installer.

Again, even if CPack doesn't directly have a font installation
mechanism, we can add custom NSIS commands and install anything you
need.  Any suggestions of fonts that should be used?

> - could it be possible with cpack somehow realize:
>  * localized licenses, based on language selection

Again, that depends on the multi-language support of CPack.  However,
the GPL is only "official" in English, if I recall correctly.  I just
pointed to the official license file in the BibleTime bundle for the
source tree.

>  * custom text field for release notes

I can probably add that to the installer -- where do you think this
would be useful? I'm not a fan of seeing that in installers I use, I
generally think to myself, "All this info was on the website and I
looked at what I wanted to see there, why would I want it in the
installer itself?"  But if other people generally want it, I can add
it.

>  * install some files to folder shared by all users
>    (e.g. appdata -  C:\users\martin\appdata\roaming)

That's certainly possible - but what would I install there?