[sword-devel] BibleTime with Sword 1.6 and v11n

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Apr 17 10:58:26 MST 2009

In short, I got Sword 1.6rc working with BT (or vice versa :) I was of
course curious about v11n. It wasn't easy to install leningradv11n
module. BibleTime crashes if I try to add extra data paths to
sword.conf. Command line installmgr tries by default install to
/usr/share/sword/ which is unwritable. It doesn't tell it fails. Finally
I managed to copy the module by hand. Then I had to change the .conf
file because it stated it needs >=1.5.12, and the 1.6rc is 1.5.11.99.

In short, again v11n doesn't work correctly with BibleTime. If I open
LeningradV11N in a window, I can open e.g. Ps.19. It shows:
1 Ps 19.1
13 Ps 19.13
14 Ps 19.14
1 Ps 19.15
1 Ps 20.1

In parallel display with ESV (first Len., then ESV):

14 Ps 19.14
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

1 Ps 19.15
1 May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!

1 Ps 20.1
1 May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!

They key chooser works partially. For example, I can select v.15 from
the dropdown verse selector, but it doesn't go to v.15 but to 20.1 (it
doesn't show "1 Ps 19.15" as above but "1 Ps 20.1", so it's really in 20.1).

Searching works partially: Result list shows Psalms 19:15 but the
preview shows 20:1-3.

On the bright side, I haven't found any v11n related crashes (yet).

--Eeli Kaikkonen