[sword-devel] SVN with BibleTime on Mac

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:28:53 MST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>wrote:

> Built (without tests) and installed on Mac OS X.  Updated to SVN Head
> with BibleTime and built.  It opens Bibles fine and Genbooks also.  I
> tried to install some passages from the CrossWire site with the
> bookshelf manager, but it fails to make the connection and just stares
> at me (I believe this is a known bug on the BibleTime/Mac side and not
> an issue of the RC directly with permissions in the module directory
> -- although both BibleTime and installmgr should warn the users if
> they are trying to write into a directory they don't have permission
> for).
> On some specific issues: Jude 18 maps to Revelation 17:1 as per the
> past thread - don't know if that issue was resolved or not.
This now requires a flag to be turned on, due to concerns with code

> I also have the KJVgb installed.  It doesn't really work, but it works
> better than in the past.  BibleTime defaults to opening a Bible to
> Genesis 1:1, with the whole chapter of Genesis 1 displayed.  Instead,
> I see two copies of the last verse of Revelation.  Using the up/down
> arrow selectors in BibleTime, I can get it to jump around to various
> passages in the early part of Genesis - but the pattern isn't quite
> understandable to me.  Sometimes I get whole chapters, sometimes
> verses, they're rarely what is displayed in the selection dialog, and
> when they are, I'm not sure how they ended up there.  But that's an
> improvement over previous releases which would just segfault when I
> tried to open KJVgb!

I wouldn't bother with KJVgb at the moment. At least the initial av11n will
be using static  (i.e. compiled in) canons. And I don't see that the genbook
support gives you all that much more flexibility, anyway (without extra work
on the library to expose the extra flexibility...)

God Bless,
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near