[sword-devel] osis2mod/teimod (was: Re: Making Import Easier)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 6 21:00:59 MST 2009

DM Smith wrote:
> WRT tei2mod, I wrote it. Chris enhanced it. It is a rather braindead
> program, looking for start and end of entries. One thing that it does,
> it recommends conf entries based on the module it creates. I plan to
> change osis2mod to do this later.

Could I recommend we go one baby-step further and actually write out a
.conf file. Obviously folks would be free to modify or tweak it as
necessary, but I suspect we could populate a large portion of the .conf
fields by reading OSIS & TEI headers. If we wanted, we could probably
define some XML element types (via x- type extensions) to ensure that
various fields get mapped into specific .conf fields. (E.g. the OSIS
<rights> element could have an x-ShortPromo type for our ShortPromo
.conf value.)

I'd also love to see a .conf validator or even validating editor--if
anyone feels motivated to create such a thing. .confs can be one of the
more problem-prone areas of module creation, as many of you can attest.
It would even be possible to do this as a web app (preferrably a JSP, so
that we can integrate it into a future web submission process).

--Chris