[sword-devel] Making Import Easier

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:59:21 MST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> I'm sorry, but you had to go back to 2003 and quote Don Elbourne's "buzz
> off" in which he immediately after says "Of course I'm being sarcastic".
>
> The policy has always been that CrossWire module repo standards shoot for
> best practice module quality.
>
> 2003 was before we supported (technically and by policy) external module
> repos.
>
> I have purchased and offered swordmodules.com with hosting paid to your team
> for user created content and your own content and my offer was turned down.
>
> Different module repositories have different standards.  We'd love for user
> created content to flourish.
>
>        -Troy.

Of course Don was being sarcastic. However, the immediate reply was in
the affirmative (and of course, he was quoting something very
similar).

As I said, there are more recent threads where similar comments are
made. I did not think it necessary to provide them, as they all seemed
to follow in the same vein. If that is not official policy, nor the
attitude of the developers here, I apologize for bringing it up. And I
certainly didn't intend to start a fight, I was just repeating what
was said in the archives, as an explanation of why there wasn't more
documentation and examples.

Matthew