[sword-devel] Added Maltese bookname translation

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 6 12:04:39 MST 2009

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
> I just added a Maltese translation of the booknames.

Do you know whether this was from the user who came into IRC (with the
nick "trumbun") and wanted to share a new locale?

Do you think there is any value in continuing to provide non-UTF-8
locales (including non-ISO-8859-1/CP1252 locales)? We could provide
ISO-8859-3 versions of the Maltese locale if it's useful.

> I just want to make sure that I didn't break anything because I usually don't
> commit things any more. Is there a tool to validate such a translation file?

I don't think we have a validation tool, but based on a quick read
through the locale, it looks fine.

> The translator also did translations for some of the deuterocanonical books.
> Are these names supported now in the library? If yes, how should they be used
> in the locales.d files?

They will be, and the format will be the same as in the protocanon, so
the locale as it is is fine. (We can uncomment the lines when we get the
  deuterocanon working.)

--Chris