[sword-devel] [Pkg-crosswire-devel] Bibledit and Biblememorizer packages

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:24:44 MST 2009

Forwarding to sword-devel.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is another issue with 1.5.12 that needs to be tackled and that
> is of a v11n personal commentary. I.e. that is to include the
> apocrypha. I think that Xiphos is on the right track when it allows
> many different personal commentaries. I think it will be important for
> the front-end to create a personal commentary according to the v11n
> wishes of the user.

I think it makes sense to support multiple personal commentaries.  I'm
not so convinced it makes sense to have a different commentary for
each different versification.  What (I think) would be expected (and
certainly would be expected by me) is to have a collection of notes on
verses, and have those notes displayed for that verse in the
versification of the current module.  Some notes might be on a verse
only present in one versification.  Others would be visible from just
about all versifications (though quite possibly with a different
chapter and verse in the different versifications).  Having a comment
on multiple verses (as is done by many comments and probably a
reasonable expectation for making my own comments) becomes a little
more tricky to decide what to display and where to display it, but I
really can't see any advantage in having notes that can only be viewed
in a certain versification, nor in having to remember when I'm using
Bible X to have my module open for notes in Bible X's versification
rather than my other notes commentary.

Jon