[sword-devel] real time collaborative editing.

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 25 13:54:03 MST 2008

Just a heads up regarding Gobby, a collaborative editor which is in most
Linux repositories and is a joy to use if you need to do some immediate
remote collaboration in real time.

Troy and I used it last week while working on sword web over my home
network while  David and I used it today to do some work on the Farsi
module files across the internet at large.

A Windows binary exists too.

It lacks some in editing facilities, but due to its real time connection
 which is fast even when across the internet it is very useful.

There is a server version available (Sobby) which might (or not) be a
useful addition to the proposed community site