[sword-devel] real time collaborative editing.

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 25 13:54:03 MST 2008

Just a heads up regarding Gobby, a collaborative editor which is in most
Linux repositories and is a joy to use if you need to do some immediate
remote collaboration in real time.

Troy and I used it last week while working on sword web over my home
network while  David and I used it today to do some work on the Farsi
module files across the internet at large.

A Windows binary exists too.

http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/

It lacks some in editing facilities, but due to its real time connection
 which is fast even when across the internet it is very useful.

There is a server version available (Sobby) which might (or not) be a
useful addition to the proposed community site

Peter