[sword-devel] The Sword Project on OpenSolaris

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Oct 5 12:00:57 MST 2008

I am experimenting with building GnomeSword for OpenSolaris.  Sword
itself is now built, no major shakes but there is neither CLucene nor
(functional) ICU.  Even so, fine so far.

What's got me stuck is that GnomeSword wants to verify presence of a
bunch of GNOME packages, in the dependency chain for which is a demand
for /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xrender.pc.  It's not there, and the Solaris
package manager offers no packages related to "render" that could be
installed.  "xrender.pc" is the package description for the Xrender xlib
extension, required by cairo, required by..., up the abstraction chain
to the general needs of GNOME.

If someone will help me learn to get around this glitch, I can have GS
running easily.