[sword-devel] iPhone NDA dropped

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:17:27 MST 2008

Manfred (and Chris),

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Manfred Bergmann <bergmannmd at web.de> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Good news for anyone wanting to start something native on the iPhone:
> http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/

I already have the SWORD library building against the iPhone SDK in XCode
(the command-line building process simply doesn't work).  I can't get
Eloquent to build for iPhone because of a few missing Cocoa-based headers
which the iPhone system doesn't have.  I suppose the next step is to go back
to the drawing board and learn Objective-C and the iPhone SDK's basic
classes.

I have a general GUI layout in mind, so hopefully things will go quickly
once I get the hang of the RAD tools that XCode uses, etc.  They look like
they should be rather simple, I just have never used any type of RAD/GUI
designing tools other than manual placement and coding of interfaces.

Good to see that, after a few months of telling me they would answer my
inquiry soon, they finally did something!  Not that they've responded to my
ADC questions, but I'm glad someone else is reading the news about this.

--Greg