[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads (was: Getting stuff done (Re: External links))
Brian J. Dumont
bdumont at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 27 10:58:08 MST 2008
Chris Little wrote:
> I'm happy to post some examples.
> We have tutorials at:
> And some very poor documentation (my apologies) at:
> As I presume you've read all of these, if you need further information,
> I need you to tell me WHAT you need.
It is a very reasonable request that we be specific about the examples
that we would like. For me to start encoding my modules in OSIS, I
would like an example file of a genbook which includes:
* basic formatting items: italics, sub/superscripts, etc.
* heading tags
* examples of special text: foreign text, verse/poetry, and editor's
footnotes for example
* tags to mark page breaks from the print editions
* examples of links to Scripture
* examples of internal links (links to other parts of the same genbook)
* examples of external links (links to a different genbook or even
* Is there an ability to link to page breaks from print editions?
(for example, in a digitized index)
* in comments, a simple list of supported tags
I think that if we had a solid example file, then we could also use that
example file as a basic test of functionality for the various front ends
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sword-devel