[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads (was: Getting stuff done (Re: External links))

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 27 05:40:34 MST 2008

Matthew Talbert wrote:
> I just asked for help in the form of a few sample entries, and you
> just turned me down. not only that but you promised to post various
> complete modules with varying degrees of conformance to whatever the
> current standards are. You have spent more time replying to this than
> it would have taken to create some examples, and creating examples
> would imo save you time. Because you are having trouble with people
> sending you modules that don't work, I'm trying to help you understand
> how you could save yourself some frustration. Instead of accepting
> this advice and the other good advice you have been given to smooth
> out this process, you are determined to do things your way. I have no
> desire to work with someone like that.

I'm happy to post some examples.

We have tutorials at:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/OSIS_Bibles
and
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/OSIS_Commentaries

And some very poor documentation (my apologies) at:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/TEI_Dictionaries

As I presume you've read all of these, if you need further information,
I need you to tell me WHAT you need.

If the answer is "all of it" as your statement suggests to me, then that
represents quite a lot of work digging through source code, testing
frontends, etc. (the stuff I recommended others could help by doing). I
don't know all of this information off the top of my head. I didn't
write all of the filters and I seldom do any frontend work, and that is
on BibleCS only. So maybe your estimation of my abilities is exaggerated.

--Chris