[sword-devel] iPhone frontend alpha screenshots

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 10:40:35 MST 2008

Ian,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Ian Wagner <iwagn973 at students.bju.edu> wrote:
> Hey guys, here are the alpha screenshots of the SWORD iPhone frontend (which
> I think will hereafter be named PocketSword unless anyone else has a better
> idea).
>
> http://gardenheights.org/pocketsword_alpha_read.png - Main module viewer
> http://gardenheights.org/pocketsword_alpha_nav.png - Navigation (accessed by
> tapping the reference in the top navbar
> http://gardenheights.org/pocketsword_alpha_modules.png - Module switcher

These look excellent!  A few thoughts for later down the road, maybe:

Since having a free entry box would be cumbersome on the iPhone, maybe
allow the user to change the arrangement of the book entries - allow
for alphabetical as well as canonical order, since that would help
some people not necessarily familiar with the canon.

Have you thought about what you're going to do for integrating
footnotes or commentaries?  Have you considered lexica or general
books?  If you plan not to support those, it would probably be a good
idea to filter them out of the module downloader so people aren't
confused.

Again, if you have the source code released, people on the list may be
able to help out with some of the coding.  Either way, good luck and
it'll be nice to see this make it to the App Store, so I don't have to
use the youversion client anymore.

--Greg