[sword-devel] ESV Study Bible

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:57:24 MST 2008

But then you would need 5 commentary windows open.

I don't want the user to be able to see five or six modules for a single
logical module - that would be up to the frontend, though, I suppose.

Perhaps instead of just using Companion, we need a config option to specify
logical grouping of modules as well (i.e. these 6 modules are one module).

As to why 5, quoting from my previous email:

> If you have a look at http://www.esvstudybible.org/search?q=Matthew+1, you
> can see three different "streams" of commentary. The notes that have a
> completely grey background are large sections, the notes with the heading
> with a grey background are for smaller sections, while there are per-verse
> (or a range of verses) notes as well. All of these can overlap. There is
> also one note from the per-verse stream here (Matthew 1:2-6a) which overlaps
> with another in the per-verse stream (Matthew 1:3). So to encode this well,
> what you really need are at least 4 commentary modules here!
>
> In addition to this, the print ESV study bible has diagrams and maps in
> the notes section, which don't specifically refer to a range of verses.

I have since found a spot in Ezra where there is one more than that needed
:)

God Bless,
Ben
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Philippians 4:23 (ESV)