[sword-devel] ESV Study Bible

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 13 15:45:25 MST 2008

Dear all,

My initial comments on this.

I'm not so sure the programming interface would be much different than
accessing the parts of the study Bible as 5 different modules.  Our
installers already allow datapaths to be grouped however we want; we
just use a standard directory path like:

modules/texts/ztext/esvstudy/

I wonder if we had 5 modules with config something like:

esvstudy.conf
[ESVStudy]
ModDrv=zText
DataPath=modules/texts/ztext/esvstudy/
Compantion=ESVStudy.ShortCommentary
Compantion=ESVStudy.MediumCommentary
Compantion=ESVStudy.LongCommentary

[ESVStudy.ShortCommentary]
ModDrv=zCom
DataPath=modules/texts/ztext/esvstudy/commentary1
[ESVStudy.MediumCommentary]
ModDrv=zCom
DataPath=modules/texts/ztext/esvstudy/commentary2
[ESVStudy.LongCommentary]
ModDrv=zCom
DataPath=modules/texts/ztext/esvstudy/commentary3

InstallMgr will already install everything is [ESVStudy] is installed
because it installs DataPath and all subdirs.

The only issue I see is:
Frontends need to impl the Companion concept
InstalMgr needs some marker that these companion modules should not be
offered by themselves. (probably)

Thoughts?

	-Troy.