[sword-devel] http://karl.kleinpaste.org/sword/scripts/ do not work with arabic life application bible

John H. mistamaila at gmail.com
Sat May 31 15:16:35 MST 2008

I wouldn't?  Are you aware of some other procedure by which I might get
a sword module other than scraping?  I'm certainly not, and I'd
certainly be pursing that avenue because I'm sure it's easier than
getting slandered on a bible software mailing list, of all places.  If
so, please share it with me.  You're making more and more assumptions
just to defend the indefensible.

The appropriate biblical response for Chris to have done would have been
to inform me that he thought I may be breaking the law and that he would
not help me in that regard.  He didn't, instead, he did what was easier
from the point of view of his flesh, made assumptions(as that's always
easier than asking, as you proved in this email), and began accusing me
of being a criminal.

Seriously, if you guys treat Christians like this, I'd hate to see how
you treat non-believers.

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 15:03 -0700, jonathon wrote:

> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 2:41 PM, John H. wrote:
>
> >, instead of trying to ascertain whether I had a license to the software,
>
> If you had a legitimate license for the text, you would not be
> scraping it from the web.  I don't know how to phrase it any simpler
> than that.
>
> The fact that you have a license for a text in one electronic format
> does not mean that you have a license to convert that text to a
> different format.
>
> > You're also saying that having a legal electronic license of a translation of the bible, for use in esword, otherwise, means that I am breaking the law if I copy and paste a verse from esword to wordpad on the same computer.
>
> Technically, that is a copyright infringement.

Please, again, point me to the state or federal(as this is copyright) statute that you are relying on for this.  What we seem to have here is truth by repetition, that is, repeat something enough and it becomes fact.

> > What he did, and what you are doing in defense of him, was and is wrong.
>
> Are you willing to pay all legal costs for the CrossWire Development
> Team if they are subject to either civil or criminal prosecution for
> things that are a direct result of your actions?

I would also be quite interested in how crosswire might incur any
liability for what I proposed to do.  Please reference the statute in
your response.