[sword-devel] OpenScriptureFormats.org

Leandro DUTRA leandro.gfc.dutra at gmail.com
Wed May 21 07:41:14 MST 2008

2008/5/21 Daniel Holmlund <holmlund.dev at gmail.com>:

> I was not advocating the reverse engineering of proprietary Bible publishing
> formats, but simply aggregating information that is available on different
> formats (both open and proprietary).  I'm a missionary in France and I just
> finished helping the French Bible Society update their Bible documents from
> USFM ASCII a simple UTF8 XML format.

So you don't need to worry about the DMCA, as long as you don't use US
resources for hosting, publishing &c.

I would advice to get a 'conseilleur juridique' to help, thought.

> Many Bible organizations are not particularly computer savvy and I thought
> that a site detailing many Bible formats, particularly older ones, would
> help these organizations be more effective in Bible publishing.

The idea has some potential, assuming enough volunteers.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org
+55 (11) 9406 7191 ICQ/AIM: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
+55 (11) 5685 2219 MSN: msnim:chat?contact=leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm