[sword-devel] OpenScriptureFormats.org

Daniel Holmlund holmlund.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:21:41 MST 2008

Hi Jonathon,

I was not advocating the reverse engineering of proprietary Bible publishing
formats, but simply aggregating information that is available on different
formats (both open and proprietary).  I'm a missionary in France and I just
finished helping the French Bible Society update their Bible documents from
USFM ASCII a simple UTF8 XML format.

Many Bible organizations are not particularly computer savvy and I thought
that a site detailing many Bible formats, particularly older ones, would
help these organizations be more effective in Bible publishing.

Daniel