[sword-devel] [GnomeSword-developers] Ubuntu bundling modules

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun May 11 02:09:13 MST 2008

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> This was brought up just now on sword-support by a user who could not
> uninstall the Arabic Bible for which he had little use.
>
> I think we had discussed this a while ago and the discussion went
> inconclusive. Some gthought is was a packaging bug, others thought it
> was useful as it gave the user a fully working system.

I have come into the conclusion that it's a bug. At least the
development head of BibleTime should work without modules and if not,
please report it and it will be fixed.

IIRC this packaging dependency became from some old buggy version of GS
or BT and was not fixed even after the programs worked correctly.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland