[sword-devel] Making use of sword modules?

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Fri May 9 11:48:27 MST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Nathan Youngman wrote:

> The iPhone doesn't have Core Data, but it does have SQLite,

The prototype for another Bible Study Program uses SQLite as the
database engine. I don't have a timeline on when --- or even if --- it
will be released.

> I imagine writing Bible software from scratch to be quite a lot of work... depending of course what all the features you support

If the database tables are properly designed, then the coding tends to
be mere grunt work.

David wrote:

>which already identifies the iPhone as a desirable objective for possible port.

There are umpteen existing Bible Study Program projects.  In the long
run, more resources will be available for the platform you port to, if
you work with an existing project, rather than creating something from
scratch.

> If you feel able to collaborate, please consider joining this project.

+1

In the world of consumer acceptance, the User Interface and the number
(and type) of resources that are available, are of equal importance.

xan

jonathon