[sword-devel] Making use of sword modules?

Nathan Youngman junkmail at nathany.com
Thu May 8 19:57:55 MST 2008

Nelson,

I don't have any experience, but I did notice that the OSIS version of
KJV is here:
http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/kjv2006/index.html

OSIS is a standard XML format for scriptures... that could get you
started.
http://bibletechnologies.net/

The iPhone doesn't have Core Data, but it does have SQLite, which
could provide a fast means of lookup vs. parsing XML all the time. Not
really sure how SWORD does it.

I imagine writing Bible software from scratch to be quite a lot of
work... depending of course what all the features you support (I don't
even understand all the terminology used around here).

- nathan

On 8-May-08, at 6:37 PM, Nelson Lim wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm really keen in developing a bible software for the iphone, but
> it seems given the issue with licenses right now there is some issue
> with using SWORD and we're not quite sure how it will turn out after
> the SDK beta.
>
> As such, I was looking at my other options. Such as having to create
> my own Bible texts, or maybe making use of existing sword modules?
> Anyone has any experience or advise in this area?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nelson

---
Nathan Youngman