[sword-devel] List of global options

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:15:23 MST 2008

2008/5/6 Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net>:

> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>  > Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>  >>> There's a spec, so anyone up for doing that? (Or anyone with a better idea? ;) )
>  >> This sounds roughly at the level where I am, but for the last step -
>  >> creating a pot file. I haven't done that yet ever.

What you do is create a text file ensuring all the strings are
enclosed in double quotes, let's call it options.txt

then run xgettext -a options.txt -o sword.pot

and that will create a file sword.pot that can be translated

>  >> But I will run with it and see where I end up.
>  >>
>  >
>  And this is the slightly longer list gained from following commandline
>
>  peter at thinkpad:~/Downloads/Crosswire/sword/src$ cat mgr/swmgr.cpp | grep
>   -e optionFilters.insert | sed
>  s,optionFilters\.insert\(OptionFilterMap\:\:value_type\(\",, | sed
>  s/\",\ tmpFilter\)\)\;//

[Long list]

Kinda - though I was thinking more of a small commandline program that
uses the library to output the 'Name' and 'Tip' for each of the
optional filters. The names you got  are the c++ class names - we
definitely don't want users to see those ;)

Though, now that Troy is suggesting the built-in localisation method
I'm torn as to whether or not it is worth using gettext for these kind
of strings. otoh tools like poEdit are _much_ nicer for translating
than editing those conf files. *ponder*

Regards,
Daniel