[sword-devel] List of global options

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue May 6 14:43:00 MST 2008

These are all tooltips I could find in the source - do you think there more?

Peter

peter at thinkpad:~/Downloads/Crosswire/sword$ grep -re 'const char oTip' *
| grep -v '.svn'
src/modules/filters/gbfheadings.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Headings On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/gbfmorph.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Morphological Tags On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/thmlscripref.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Scripture Cross-references On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/osiswordjs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Word
Javascript data";
src/modules/filters/osislemma.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Lemmas On
and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/osisstrongs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Strong's Numbers On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/utf8cantillation.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Hebrew Cantillation Marks";
src/modules/filters/osismorphsegmentation.cpp:const char oTip[] =
"Toggles Morpheme Segmentation On and Off, when present";
src/modules/filters/gbffootnotes.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Footnotes On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/utf8greekaccents.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Greek Accents";
src/modules/filters/osisredletterwords.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Red Coloring for Words of Christ On and Off if they are marked";
src/modules/filters/gbfstrongs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Strong's
Numbers On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/plainfootnotes.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Footnotes On and Off In Bible Texts If They Exist";
src/modules/filters/utf8hebrewpoints.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Hebrew Vowel Points";
src/modules/filters/thmlheadings.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Headings On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/gbfwordjs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Word
Javascript data";
src/modules/filters/thmlfootnotes.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Footnotes On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/osisfootnotes.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Footnotes On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/thmllemma.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Lemmas On
and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/thmlwordjs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles Word
Javascript data";
src/modules/filters/gbfredletterwords.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Red Coloring for Words of Christ On and Off if they are marked";
src/modules/filters/osismorph.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Morphological Tags On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/thmlstrongs.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Strong's Numbers On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/osisheadings.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Headings On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/osisscripref.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles
Scripture Cross-references On and Off if they exist";
src/modules/filters/thmlmorph.cpp:const char oTip[] = "Toggles

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> The SWORD engine has a built in localization mechanism anyone can use to
> localize their application.  I understand if people want to use a more
> native method.  If we do any localizations for these engine strings then
> we will use the engine's mechanism and place the translations with all
> the other strings in our current locales.d/ files.
>
> For example, if we wanted to localize the tips for, say Strong's
> Numbers, we would place this entry in, say, de.conf, under the:
> [Text] section
>
> Toggles Strong's Numbers On and Off if they exist=<german translation of
> this string>
>
> Then the engine would change getGlobalOptionTip(...) to call on return:
>
> return LocalMgr::getSystemLocaleMgr()->translate(tipString);
>
> I'm not against adding translations for the tips, but I would want
> everyone to review the current tips and decide if they are what we want
> for good, before translating these strings into a ton of languages.
>
> 	-Troy.
>

> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> Peter von Kaehne wrote:

>>>  guess this is what you meant? (including main and beta modules)
>>>
>>>  cat * | grep Option | sort -u > list
>>>
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=GBFFootnotes
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=GBFFootnotes
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=GBFMorph
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=GBFRedLetterWords
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=GBFStrongs
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISMorph
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISMorphSegmentation
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISRedLetterWords
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISScripref
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=ThMLFootnotes
>>> GlobalOptionFilter=ThMLHeadings