[sword-devel] Bible Software Review

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu May 1 10:41:46 MST 2008

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
>> GnomeSword may once have been buildable on Cygwin, but it isn't
>> presently.
>
> Oh, nonsense.  I build it routinely under Cygwin, every time anybody
> makes changes and I have to "svn up".  If you haven't succeeded, you
> haven't read the directions in the README or the build script.

I'll try it again via a clean install, but when I tried 2 weeks ago it
completely failed.

I will admit that I didn't do a complete Cygwin install, installing
individual packages as necessary until it was able to build without
complaint, but there were problems at every step of the way. (There were
problems with using the particular version of GTKHTML specified in the
README as well as problems with SVN vs. the last release of GS. And even
once I got everything compiled, GS crashed upon launch.)

After doing a complete Cygwin install, the script still doesn't work,
but I'll try with everything installed afresh.

--Chris