[sword-devel] Slightly Off-topic: Bible verse memorisation project

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Thu Mar 27 14:41:26 MST 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 17:10:35 jonathon wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Luke Plant  wrote:
> >  I'm not done, and I've realised I could use some help in filling
> > it out with actual Bible verses.  The main help I'm looking for
> > is  verses to be added to the YAML
>
> I'd suggest creating small "sets" of verses that users can install.
>
> People feel much more confident that they can memorize verses, if
> they can see that they've memorized all of the verses used in "The
> Four Spiritual Laws", or "The Roman Road".   Then they will tackle
> large sets, such as Navigators Topical Memory System.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have added the verses from "The Four
Spiritual Laws" and "Two ways to live".  Thanks David also for the
Navigators link.

I'm planning on adding a system for the user to simply tick off verses
that have been learnt, using AJAX to store it on the server -- that
should also help in giving a sense of progress.

Regards,

Luke

--
"I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it out, it
was gone."  (Steven Wright)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/