[sword-devel] Piracy ........

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 19 11:52:03 MST 2008

Hi there ...............

DM Smith wrote:
> This looks just like the old thinkall scam. They have two Bible
> packages, biblecs and bibledesktop. Neither give any indication that's
> what they are. The biblecs page gives as a review a quote from a review
> of GnomeSword.

That's exactly as it looks to me from what they say, and from what the
lady who brought this to our attention said.  She clearly sees it as a
scam - they are suggesting that the software is theirs and they are
'selling' it after a 'free trial period'.

> I think we are in for a bumpy ride.

I'm sure you're right.  Do we do anything about it though?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com