[sword-devel] two SummaTheologica modules

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 16 17:18:32 MST 2008

Please take a look at the two Summa Theologica modules I've just
uploaded. I would like an opinion on which seems to be a better module
(and should be moved towards the public repository).

SummaTheologica is quite an old module (from 2003) and was previously
available in the beta repository as a test module for OSIS-based
GenBooks. I don't know why it was removed, but it was. I suspect it was
based on CCEL's ThML of the day, but I might have gotten it elsewhere.
It's still in OSIS 1.1.1, but there's probably no difference in the
limited set of tags used here.

AquinasSummaTheologica is a recent submission from Pedro Giffuni, based
on CCEL's (ca. 2002) OSIS 1.1 edition, converted to OSIS 2.1.1.

The former module is a bit cleaner OSIS and is more OSISy in general
(since it was an old OSIS test document done for some demos to Catholic
groups: http://www.crosswire.org/~chrislit/osis/texts/summatheologica.zip).

The latter has some (IMO) unnecessary levels to its tree hierarchy (the
roman numeral levels), but also includes some title text absent from the
former.

Option 3, of course, is to add the missing text of text 2 to text 1 or
to do further clean up of text 2.

--Chris