[sword-devel] Malachi 4 - was Bibles in Beta

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jun 16 15:29:44 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> I find some of the results surprising:
> The last verse of many chapters is missing.
> Malachi 4 is missing from many Bibles.

I just checked out a printed French Bible:

La  Bible, Ancient et Nouveau Testament traduite de'l hebreu et du gree
en francais courant (Alliance Biblique Universelle 1983)

KJV scheme Malachi 4 is expressed as Malachi 3:19-24.

When this is run through osis2mod it will become all Malachi 3:18.

This is the result of the current KJV paradigm, not a module fault as
such and will be improved by moving to flexible versification schemes.

Without much testing, I would presume a lot of the other missingf verses
you found will have similar explanations.