[sword-devel] Bibles in Beta

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:30:19 MST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Dm Smith wrote:
>
>> Chris, don't take it as criticism or a put down. I  don't mean it
>> that way. I appreciate all your hard work and your  contributions!
>
> Seconded, wholeheartedly.

Agreed!

It seems on my hearings on the list that the main reason we can't have
the modules in a repository, at current, is that some have licensing
restrictions and, even if they don't, we don't have the source
documents for the largest portion of them.  And the mod2xml tool is
broken, no?  It seems, though, that putting the ones which are legal
to store in a repository into said repository would be excellent.

Is my understanding of the status of mod2xml correct?  Could that use
with some fixing up and from there move to storing some of the modules
in a repository.  Running them through Chris still seems like an
excellent idea, as he does a marvelous job, but if he could have the
source in subversion, other people could see and make edits to it and
notify him, and then he'd just be able to pull the latest copy out of
there and update the modules.  It would also serve as a good learning
tool for the people who are always asking for example module import
files other than the KJV - which is the only one I know of to exist in
a pre-import OSIS format.

--Greg