[sword-devel] Apparently none are copyrighted - was Russian Bible software in zipped HTML repositories

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 07:13:48 MST 2008

Hi Peter,

Although all machine translation is not perfect, I found that Google
translate from Russian to English was adequate to guide me around the site.
I have these Google tools in a folder in my Firefox links bar, so I can use
them quite readily when required.  The main service is at
http://translate.google.com/ http://translate.google.com/

These tools can easily be dragged to your toolbar in any browser.
http://translate.google.com/translate_tools
http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

I would not take any of their claims on copyright issues at face value. All
of them require independent checks.

btw.  1926 is well known as the date of the Cadman translation (Vietnamese
Bible). See
http://www.vnbaptist.net/Tai_Lieu/History_of_VN_bible.htm
http://www.vnbaptist.net/Tai_Lieu/History_of_VN_bible.htm
"In 1925/26, The BFBS published the entire Bible from Thuong-Hai, China.
This Vietnamese Translation (VT) was performed by the following litery
people: Mr. Phan-Khoi (main translator), Mr. and Mrs. William C. Cadman
(missionaries), Priest John D. Olsen, and Mr. Tran-Van-Dong (student of the
Indochina University)."

-- David H.