[sword-devel] BibleCS on wine

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:44:50 MST 2008

2008/6/13 Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> problems I could identify are
>> a) with RtoL - Persian is now RtoL but unligated
> Can you try another program, such as notepad or wordpad, to see if they
> show the same behavior. It's possible that Uniscribe isn't functioning
> under Wine.
> Does Arabic work correctly in both of these respects?

Probable rather than possible methinks ;) I don't think there is an
implementation of uniscribe for wine apart from a stub. So it doesn't
do any of the complex stuff like ligation.

However if you copy usp10.dll from windows (N.B. you probably aren't
supposed to do that and ianal) and put it in the same dir as the app
then BibleCS/whatever should use it. Or maybe you have to tell wine to
use that one, I can't remember.