[sword-devel] BibleCS on wine

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:44:50 MST 2008

2008/6/13 Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> problems I could identify are
>>
>> a) with RtoL - Persian is now RtoL but unligated
>
> Can you try another program, such as notepad or wordpad, to see if they
> show the same behavior. It's possible that Uniscribe isn't functioning
> under Wine.
>
> Does Arabic work correctly in both of these respects?

Probable rather than possible methinks ;) I don't think there is an
implementation of uniscribe for wine apart from a stub. So it doesn't
do any of the complex stuff like ligation.
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/usp10/usp10.c

However if you copy usp10.dll from windows (N.B. you probably aren't
supposed to do that and ianal) and put it in the same dir as the app
then BibleCS/whatever should use it. Or maybe you have to tell wine to
use that one, I can't remember.

Regards,
Daniel