[sword-devel] Chinese modules in Beta (both)

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:00:23 MST 2008

Hi Peter,

It's not GS's fault. (BPBible has it too) It is a core sword problem with
divineName tags with utf8.

Quoting from osishtmlhref.cpp:407 (equivalent is in rtf, as well)
                    scratch.setFormatted("%c<font size=\"-1\">%s</font>",
lastText[0], lastText.c_str()+1);

It takes the first character - a perfectly good assumption in english text,
but one that will not work with chinese. This first character in chinese
will be a special utf8 character telling it to look for more. Then the
UTF8HTML converter swallows up the next two letters leaving "ont size=-1>"
where it should be <font size="-1">. This causes problems.

God Bless,
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)