[sword-devel] Debian/Ubuntu packages?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Jun 10 05:02:47 MST 2008

"Greg Hellings" <greg.hellings at gmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone put together an updated Debian/Ubuntu package?  I just
> installed Ubuntu 8.04 yesterday, and the latest version of sword that
> is available to me is 1.5.9.

What is it about Ubuntu, that they never, ever, in their wildest dreams
or weirdest nightmares can get caught up to something relatively recent?
GnomeSword was into the first of our 2.3.x releases when Ubuntu repos
were just getting a 2.2.something...and that means they held onto
way-buggy 2.1.crud (like 2.1.5 *shudder*) for far too long.

I don't know about BibleTime builds, but GnomeSword builds for Ubuntu
(including latest Sword 1.5.11 libs to support GS) can be found here:

http://dominique.corbex.net/gnomesword/