[sword-devel] HTML filter cross references link

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Sat Jul 26 03:51:47 MST 2008

Am 26.07.2008 um 00:42 schrieb Manfred Bergmann:

> MacSword is not showing cross-references and footnotes as should.
> Actually it doesn't show them at all.
> We use a OSIS HTML HREF render filter subclass which checks for note,
> reference and some other tags.
> Interesstingly the note tag is called for ESV but reference tag is
> not. Need to further investigate what's happening there.

I've tried to track down why our HTML filter does not handle
<reference> tags.
The reason, it is never delivered to handleToken() method.

While cross-references option is enabled the call in
SWBasicFilter::processText() :

near the top:
from = orig.getRawData();
does not include the reference tag inside the note.

the content of "from" looks like this:
'In the <note n="a" osisID="Gen.1.1!crossReference.a" osisRef="Gen.
1.1" swordFootnote="1" type="crossReference"></note>beginning, God
created the heavens and the earth'

What could cause that there is no <reference> tag include here?

Regards,
Manfred