[sword-devel] GerNEU

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Sat Jul 19 04:14:50 MST 2008

Am 19.07.2008 um 12:32 schrieb Chris Little:

> Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>> Hi Joachim.
>>
>> I just had a quick look. I opened the text on OpenOffice and exported
>> to LaTeX and xhtml which both look promissing to do further
>> conversion. Probably xhtml is better because it is valid XML.
>> Versenumbers are marked in both xhtml and LaTeX (kind of marked here
>> at least). The only thing is that both did not include the footnotes.
>
> I tried "Save As..." with HTML in OOo 2.4 and it looked like it would
> probably be rather easy to process the result. (I don't know if that's
> the same as you tried. I don't have any save as or export options that
> specifically mention XHTML. Amd what OOo gives me is HTML 4.0
> transitional.)

I used it with NeoOffice which is a native OpenOffice Java port for
Mac. Until OOo 3.0 there was no native Aqua version of OOo for Mac,
only X11 versions.
Seems NeoOffice has adopted OOo 3 features like XHTML export. OOo
3.0b2 has too now.

> All the footnotes are there, but in a single block at the end of the
> file. I usually do a two-pass conversion for footnotes like this. On
> the
> first pass, I just grab all of the footnotes and store them in a hash
> table. Then, on the second pass I do all other structural &
> presentation
> markup conversion and do footnote insertion.

Yes, right, they are at the end of the html body block.
I will try to do something with it.

Regards,
Manfred