[sword-devel] GerNEU

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Jul 19 03:32:09 MST 2008

Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> Hi Joachim.
> I just had a quick look. I opened the text on OpenOffice and exported  
> to LaTeX and xhtml which both look promissing to do further  
> conversion. Probably xhtml is better because it is valid XML.  
> Versenumbers are marked in both xhtml and LaTeX (kind of marked here  
> at least). The only thing is that both did not include the footnotes.

I tried "Save As..." with HTML in OOo 2.4 and it looked like it would 
probably be rather easy to process the result. (I don't know if that's 
the same as you tried. I don't have any save as or export options that 
specifically mention XHTML. Amd what OOo gives me is HTML 4.0 transitional.)

This is the same method I used to get the Arabic Bible text out of its 
Word docs.

All the footnotes are there, but in a single block at the end of the 
file. I usually do a two-pass conversion for footnotes like this. On the 
first pass, I just grab all of the footnotes and store them in a hash 
table. Then, on the second pass I do all other structural & presentation 
markup conversion and do footnote insertion.


More information about the sword-devel mailing list