[sword-devel] Migrating to the eVC 4.0 Environment

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:28:24 MST 2008

Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ........
>
> SonWon wrote:
>
>> By not forking any new developer will not be able to
>> debug on the actual device assuming we are allowed to distribute EVC3.
>>

> I still say a fork is not needed and that we can have make files up and
> running for eVC4 just as we already have for eVC3 and VC 2005.  This
> will not constitute a fork, as the source files will need no
> modification, or at worse case, will simply need a conditional statement
> writing in.  This will not constitute a fork.
>
> If you know that this is not going to work because of specific
> differences in C++ syntax between eVC3 and 4, please give examples.  We
> are working in standard C++ here, so there ought to be no problem:
> although if MS have re-written the standard between eVC3 and eVC4 I see
> that there could be a problem!

The project files are different between EVC3 and EVC4 so I don't
understand how EVC4 developers could build with EVC3 code?  The source
files are not the problem the problem is with the EVC4 project files.
> God bless,
> Barry
>
> -- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
> Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
> our church homepages).
>
> Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com

SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.