[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

Daniel Blake danblake at tcdr.com
Sat Jul 12 15:50:48 MST 2008

David Trotz wrote:
> That would be easy enough to do. I currently have it stop just beyond
> the end of the last line in a chapter, so that you cannot scroll and
> scroll beyond that point only to get confused when trying to scroll back.
>
> Anyone else have an opinion about this? Scroll till the bottom of the
> last line, or scroll till the top of the last line of the last verse?
I was thinking it would look good to have the last verse stop at the
bottom of the screen.  It leaves the most amount of readable text.

Everyone is talking about an optional advanced menu for Windows Mobile
devices.  What about an optional navigational toolbar?  I know screen
real estate doesn't come cheap on these mobile devices, but a quicker
way to change between at least adjoining chapters and books would be nice.

If an optional toolbar isn't agreeable, how about two buttons or links
that scroll into view after the last verse?
The text could as simple as Prev and Next.
If it was the last verse of the first chapter have Prev point to the
adjoining book and Next point to the adjoining chapter.
If it was the last verse of the last chapter have Prev point to the
adjoining chapter and Next point to the adjoining book.

Daniel Blake