[sword-devel] Getting Started on Windows Mobile Software

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 14:03:36 MST 2008

> Also FYI:
>
> You can get the source through svn either at the command line by:
>     svn checkout https://crosswire.org/svn/swordreader/trunk swordreader
> and you will obviously need the sword lib...
>     svn checkout https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk sword
>
> It builds either by using eVC 3.0 (which appears to no longer be
> available from Microsoft) or with Visual Studio 2005 and the Windows
> Mobile 6 Professional (or Standard for SmartPhone suuport) SDK.

EVC4 is still available from M$, I think I'll give that a shot since I
have a PPC 2003se and Mobile 6 device.  I use to code in EVC3 and then
port to EVC4 for PPC 2003se/Mobile 5 support.  M$ broke that with Mobile
6 though.  I couldn't keep up with M$ changes so I went back into the
workforce.

I think we should think about different versions for different
platforms. PPC 2002 (has 3-4 processor types), PPC 2003/2003se and
Mobile 5/6.  We should keep as much of the code the same as possible though.
> If you are a student you can obtain MSVC 2005 rather cheaply at your
> school's bookstore, if not its gonna cost you a pretty penny, which is
> why I kept eVC 3 support.

I am checking into a student version I think maybe my son can buy it
with his ID card.

--

John Mitchell

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.