[sword-devel] Problem with Eloquent (MacSword)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 09:57:05 MST 2008

Manfred,
I have tried the most recent releases of both and I find they work quite
well on Leopard.

There is one bug I saw in the integrated downloader (I don't know if it
is in Eloquent): In order to choose a module to upgrade or install, I
have to make the choice twice. The first time, it blinks and sets back
to "None". Sometimes the allowable choices are not appropriate and seem
to reflect the last module I changed. The second time I bring up the
dropdown, it is correct. To make the change, I am right clicking on the
dropdown directly, rather than clicking on the row and then right clicking.

I'd like to offer a suggestion for improvement: List modules also by
language, or allow filtering and or sorting by language. The number of
modules in the repository is getting quite large and there are more and
more languages that people won't want to deal with. I'd also suggest
using language names and not language codes. In JSword, we have most
translated into English, German, Farsi, Vietnamese and Chinese. At some
point JSword needs to push these to Sword.

In Him,
    DM