[sword-devel] SwordReader - eVC 3.0 discontinued

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Wed Jul 2 21:11:59 MST 2008

John,
I plan to do all I can to keep WinCE 3+ in action when it comes to
SwordReader. I am just really depressed that eVC 3 is being pulled.
WinCE 3 support is only one reason I keep the eVC 3 project alive, the
other reason is that it is (or was) a free IDE for mobile development
and I hoped this would encourage volunteers to come along side. There is
still eVC 4, which I am pretty sure supports WinCE 3, but I myself do
not have the desire to try the port, at least not at this time.

I will continue keep the eVC 3 project up to date and use that for
release builds for WinCE 3 devices until an alternative solution comes
along.

Orbworks has its own issues, as the Windows CE version (PocketC CE) is
no longer being maintained.

--
In Christ,
David Trotz