[sword-devel] Coptic Book module

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Mon Jan 28 01:49:52 MST 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 02:10:28PM -0800, Chris Little wrote:
> I don't know where monophysitism falls with respect to our loosely
> defined metric of orthodoxy, but my vote would be to add this text to
> the repository. It helps to build bridges, which is a good thing.
(...)
> peter wrote:
> > As a favour to someone I am creating out of a book by Pope Shenouda, the
> > Coptic Patriach, a sword module. It is a well written and thoroughly
> > biblically argued treatise on the Nature of Christ. The emphasis is
> > obviously "Monophysite".

I think that the right way to draw the line is according to the text, and
not the author.

Acts 17:11 « These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that
they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily
to find out whether these things were so. »

Crosswire's goal is to spread the Gospel. Does this text is really based on
the Bible; does it reference relevant verses, without bypass keys verses
against monophysite? Or is it based on other monophysite texts?

I don't know this book, nor the author, nor this subject, but some of the
books I readed (some evangelical, some catholics, some jews), are mostly not
based on the Bible but on humain values, on cultures, on psychology; and
thoses books have a really low value to my eyes.

--
Sébastien Koechlin