[sword-devel] Coptic Book module

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:42:54 MST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 9:10 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> I'm certainly not the arbiter of orthodoxy, but have a couple points to
> mention. First, CrossWire definitely isn't an Evangelical organization
> in the sense that we have a statement of faith that aligns with some
> subset of churches that have been categorized as Evangelical. We're
> evangelical in the sense that we're working to spread the Gospel. But
> we're fairly explicitly not aligned with any specific church or creed.
>
> That said, we do have to draw the line of orthodoxy somewhere this side
> of Jesus Christ Superstar. The Book of Mormon & Joseph Smith's
> translation fall on the other side, so we have them tagged as unorthodox
> in the repository. I'm guessing you would like to avoid having that
> happen in this case.

I can understand your views on Joseph Smith's translation, but I've
always been a little surprised at the Diaglott being in the Cult /
Unorthodox / Questionable material.  I don't use it, but I thought
that it was just a Greek / English NT or something similar.  Looking
at the info page, it says that it is from Watchtower.  Does that
automatically make it questionable, or are there other reasons? (or
are the reasons lost in history anyway?)

Jon